Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week of Wednesdays

Yesterday (Tuesday) I welcomed my last hour class with "Happy Wednesday, everyone!"

Everyone stopped talking and gave me the weirdest look. They were confused.

I again said, "Happy Wednesday!"

Again, the looks. This time, the students were beginning to get worried. Has she finally gone insane?
One brave student voiced her classmates' thoughts carefully. "No, Ms. Grivna...today is Tuesday, not Wednesday."

My response? "No it isn't. It's Wednesday! Yesterday was Wednesday, today is Wednesday, and tomorrow is Wednesday. I love these weeks!!!"

And slowly, lightbulbs began to go on around the room. The kids started shaking their heads in disbelief, their thoughts easily read on their faces. Wow, she is such a dork.

I love three day weeks. :D

No comments: