Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A short first day

"How was your first day?" Mom asked when she came in the door.
After a pause I answered, "Short."

Compared to the past two years when I barely knew how many students would be in my classes, let alone their names or even if I would have students in my classes, today was a breeze. It's amazing what a switch in positions does to the feeling of a school day.

Now, instead of teaching four or five classes each day, I'm down to three: two back-to-back, lunch and prep time, then my last class. The day just flies by!

My colleagues tell me I'm crazy for having so much ready for my classes already (I'm already almost a full three weeks into planning...most are only ready for this first week) and seemed relieved to find out that my first day as, what my students from last year would say, a "real" teacher went smoothly. I don't know what the big deal is. This job is SOOOO much easier than FOL and all the other random junk that got tossed my way the past two years. AND it's better pay. AND I finally get benefits. I couldn't be happier!!

No comments: